Friday, August 12, 2011

A Television Show, A Commercial & A Long Drive

Leaving the house at 5:00 AM isn't my favorite thing to do in the world; but that's what it took to get to my latest acting job on the set of NBC's new drama series, GRIMM.   This television show shoots in Portland, Oregon and I live about 2 1/2 hours away. 
 
Remember the fairy tales your parents used to tell you before bedtime? Well, those weren't stories, they were warnings.

A 9:00 AM call was in order and luckily the drive over the mountains was a breeze. 




I arrived with 15 minutes to spare and I see the trailers...here we go!



The day's scene was suppose to take place in a hospital and I was cast as a Nurse.  Here's an impromptu shot of me in my scrubs.



Between having my hair styled and filming; I finished up a novel, ate a delicious catered lunch and we wrapped up 14 hours and 10 minutes later. Yep, a very long day!  But my day wasn't over yet as I had to drive up to Seattle for a Century Link television commercial shoot the next morning.





Luckily a great friend (who let me arrive at 3:00 AM in the morning) offered his couch so that I could sleep a few hours before reporting to set at 11:00AM the next day.  Since we're shooting a Century Link commercial, of course we got to park in the local stadium which they sponsor (Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders FC play there).






Yeah! I'm in the right place... 




The movie/commercial Driver, Dave, was kind enough to take my photo while I waited in a director's chair.  He was quite an entertaining fellow!  We chatted about all the projects he has worked on which include the television show Northern Exposure as well as the films The Vanishing and Assassins.






The Seattle shoot was completely filmed outside and the weather cooperated perfectly.  The Zeitgeist Coffee shop was a featured location in the commercial.  The buildings architecture is superb, don't you agree?





Luckily this shoot wasn't nearly as long as the day before...only about 7 hours and it was a wrap.  Since it was still early, a few actors and I enjoyed some cool beverages at Elysian Brewing Company in Pioneer Square.

Mike, Me, Tia & Kristian enjoying a cool beverage.

I'm heading on the road again in a few days for a half dozen Modeling Shoots in Seattle and Spokane plus a possible Commercial shoot (keeping fingers crossed).  Hope you have a lovely weekend and I'll share my next adventure upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Runway and Television

Bellevue Wedding Show February 2013
Seattle RAW Artists - February 2013
Fashion Night at the Wing - January 2013
Sustainable Fashion Show~London Couture - April 2012
Pink Carpet Project Runway Fashion show - March 2012
Red Cross Runway Show:Not Another Brick in the Wall - February 2012
Sugar Arts & Fashion Show - Portland-February 2012
RAW Artists - Seattle-February 2012
Red Cross Disaster Relief Fashion Show - Seattle-November 2011
Seattle Wine & Wedding Expo at the Space Needle - September 2011
Seattle Fall Fashion Days - September 21-24, 2011
Brides for Breast Cancer Runway Model - Bainbridge Island Wedding Show
New Day NW (2x) - Model for Brides for Breast Cancer
Fashion Bug Retail Store (2x) - Spokane,WA ~ Fall & Winter Clothing

"There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
-Nelson Mandela


"A woman must be two things: classy and fabulous"
- Coco Chanel


Actors become actors because they loved entertaining their family by putting on the lampshade and dancing around as a kid, ... That's not my personality. For me, the fun part of making movies is seeing it as a director sees it. I like the architecture of movies. I like knowing what's coming and working to set that up.”
- Jodie Foster quotes (American Actress, b.1962)