Friday, April 12, 2013

Body Diversity and Awareness

I am 28 years old. I am 5 foot 9 inches tall and wear a dress size 6.  Depending on the designer, I wear an 8.  Being a model, actress and dancer; I have come to terms with my body and my image.  I have been told that I have a fashion face and a commercial body.  Working in the Pacific Northwest as a freelance artist is tough.  Either there are re-referrals or recommendations to work with me.  I am a firm believer in timing and good things come to those who wait.  Though I am in my late 20's, I do not think that my career is over.  There has to be a place for me somewhere.  I will prevail!!


I'd like to share some blogs, videos and photos about body diversity in today's society:

A good friend of mine is hoping to make a bigger documentary about NEDA - National Eating Disorder Association.  His own daughter is a victim of an eating disorder and almost lost her life.  My friend Justin Jones is a swimsuit designer (Vulure Couture) that promotes a healthy body image for ladies.  His recent challenge has been 30 Days in a BikiniBeating an eating disorder is a big deal!  You can still be healthy, confident and beautiful by eating!

I also came across a new blog by Natural Model Management: http://healthyisthenewskinny.com/landing/author/natural-models

This site promotes a healthy size diversity.  It shows that all body types can be beautiful no matter how old or what size you are.  If you are happy and healthy then you are beautiful.

It's important to have a role model, but it has to be within reason.  

If you are 5'2" then a celebrity such as Kim K or Christina Aguilera would be a good choice.

If you are 5'5" then Jennifer Aniston might be a good one.

If you are 5'7"-5'8" Jennifer Lopez or Christina Hendricks would be great choices.

If you are 5'9" like me Liv Tyler or Nicole Kidman

If you are 5'10-5'11" then Brooke Shields would be a good choice.

**Again when choosing your role model; be sure that you're body type is similar otherwise you will be disappointed in your choice.  You want to relate to them and their body type; don't go outside of their shape. They also exercise and hire personal trainers to get their shape.  Do your research!!**



The above image demonstrates how curvy and confident these celebrities are.  Mind you their heights do come into play as well.  You can't be 5'6" and expect to be healthy at 90 lbs.

Thanks for reading.  I hope that this blog makes a difference to someone out there!!



1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous image and a very positive message. Keep up the fantastic work by continuing to encourage and being a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Runway and Television

Bellevue Wedding Show February 2013
Seattle RAW Artists - February 2013
Fashion Night at the Wing - January 2013
Sustainable Fashion Show~London Couture - April 2012
Pink Carpet Project Runway Fashion show - March 2012
Red Cross Runway Show:Not Another Brick in the Wall - February 2012
Sugar Arts & Fashion Show - Portland-February 2012
RAW Artists - Seattle-February 2012
Red Cross Disaster Relief Fashion Show - Seattle-November 2011
Seattle Wine & Wedding Expo at the Space Needle - September 2011
Seattle Fall Fashion Days - September 21-24, 2011
Brides for Breast Cancer Runway Model - Bainbridge Island Wedding Show
New Day NW (2x) - Model for Brides for Breast Cancer
Fashion Bug Retail Store (2x) - Spokane,WA ~ Fall & Winter Clothing

"There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
-Nelson Mandela


"A woman must be two things: classy and fabulous"
- Coco Chanel


Actors become actors because they loved entertaining their family by putting on the lampshade and dancing around as a kid, ... That's not my personality. For me, the fun part of making movies is seeing it as a director sees it. I like the architecture of movies. I like knowing what's coming and working to set that up.”
- Jodie Foster quotes (American Actress, b.1962)